Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View and/or Display Value of Field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Sarah_Cliff
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Continuing the discussion from Changing Displayed Field in Calendar View:

Just wanted to cross post this in the correct forum since itโ€™s not a feature I couldnโ€™t find but a feature that doesnโ€™t exist yet.

It would be nice if we could change the display field of a table to be something other than the primary key field.

Thanks!

64 Comments
Ana_Lara
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I add my vote for this feature

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Since thereโ€™s no way to set the field inside of Airtable, weโ€™ve built an extension for Airtable that allows you to change the event name to any other field in external calendars. It generates you a calendar ics link that you can subscribe to in any calendar app.

Kristina_Beever
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I desperately need this feature. I have some tabs that have the concatenate formula for the primary field, but that isnโ€™t an option in all of the tabs. We shouldnโ€™t have to work around and upend our own systems because this still hasnโ€™t been implemented or even responded to by anyone from Airtable. This would be insanely helpful and like others have already said, should be similar to the Kanban and Gallery views so you can edit what shows up easily.

vjpr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just use formula as field type no?

Ben_Davies
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, this is key. Current functionality assume the primary key is useful which is a poor assumption. A good example of where this fails is if you are displaying names on a calendar for assignments. In terms of work calendars (projects, timesheets, etc.) the names are not unique (many will have multiple assignments) and so cannot be the primary key. In these important cases, the calendar view cannot be used.

Lindsey_Puccio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another request for this feature. There are customizable cards in Kanban view and it makes no sense why there isnโ€™t the same functionality on Calendar views.

Joseph_Moore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 +1 +1 +1 Cโ€™mon Airtable!

Divaksh_Jain
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Waiting for this amazing feature.

Derek_Carl
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would love to see this too. I want the calendars to work exactly the same as gallery view, where I can select multiple fields to be displayed in the calendar. Please!

Chelle_Parker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Chiming in here too. This feature would be SO USEFUL for our company.