Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Chat Block / Activity Block

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Mathias_Elmose
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Would like a chat block :pray: I know that lot of communication happens in Slack but I think that it would be useful anyway

Here is how it could work:

A chat block could be set to display comments from records across the entire base from the views of your choice. So it would be like a basewide activity feed. Like the activity feed, you could select whether you will see activity and comments or only comments. Sometimes I miss the ability to quickly see what has happened in the base since last.
With the coming block dashboard you could create a dashboard for certain teams and add chat blocks only for them, and that would only show records comments from the views that were relevant to them

I actually think that a lot of our Slack channels would end up as Chat blocks if this was an option. It would also give people a sense of being together in a base and not just working together on it.

4 Comments
Nicholas_Sherif
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Totally agreed! My org used to rely heavily on Basecamp, but is now in the market for a new project management platform. Iโ€™ve been on Airtable for years and am trying to bring folks over, but the way chat is exclusively record dependent is a big barrier.

Would love the functionality described here, where it can toggle an activity feed, compile comments on records, and exchange generic messages within the base. I would accept it as a block, but a dedicated window like we have for each Apps and Automations would be best!

Megan_Bishop
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes! I have been wanting a feature like this for soooo long! If anyone from AirTable is reading this, please, please bring in this feature!

Dominik_Bosnjak
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This made me think: Iโ€™m fairly certain Hangouts is the only app on the entire marketplace that Iโ€™'m yet to see mentioned once. As for chatting, thatโ€™s the kind of thing third-party apps were supposed to solve but the betaโ€™s been slow to move.

Michelle_King
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Oh gosh this would be amazing!!!