Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Combining interfaces from different bases.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EdJacobs
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We currently have multiple interfaces designed around bases that serve different purposes, however as they are all used by the same organization, it would be beneficial to be able to access all / specific interfaces from one place. This would definitely help users who are unfamiliar with Airtable and struggle to find the intended interface via the Home screen.

The Home screen is obviously designed to do this by starring items, however there is always a lot of white noise. Starring items somewhat helps to move preferred items to the top, but not in the case where multiple bases / interfaces need to be starred.

The idea here should be to allow creation of a basic 'home' interface that allows interfaces to be displayed for quick easy access.

I would love to know if this feature is on the cards for the future, or if there is a specific reason that this is not possible (i.e. interfaces from different bases can't be combined because XYZ). IT seems like a basic function that is currently missing, if the idea is to be able to create interfaces that streamline workflow. Ironically, multiple, siloed interfaces adds complexity to certain workflows.

1 Comment
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Totally agree with you 100%. The homepage is extremely difficult, especially for things like this.

My clients are currently combining several interfaces together (from different bases) all together in one easy-to-navigate page by paying extra money for Noloco's interfaces. I actually did a webinar on Noloco a few months ago here: Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable