Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Comma for decimals

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Thibault_Seynae
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

Please allow comma for decimals so I can finally use Airtable as invoicing software.

Thanks

27 Comments
W_Vann_Hall
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

FYI, you can use mypretty-print routines for formatting number and currency fields to specify non-U.S. decimal and thousands separators, maintain a fixed number of decimal places, decimal-align columns, and more.

The only โ€˜catchโ€™ is that you have to create a formula field using the routines to mirror any number or currency field you would ordinarily expose directly and incorporate this mirrored field in your invoice. (Typically, I keep the pretty-print fields hidden in my day-to-day work views and un-hide them only in the view โ€” or Page Designer Block โ€” I use to invoice.)

Stephane_Gervai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I strongly second that request.
I absolutely love Airtable and use it for more and more things, but in French everything uses a comma as decimal separator. So when I export csv files; or cut and paste numbers; or enter with the numeric keypad, I get wrong numbers OR my spreadsheet doesnโ€™t see the values as a number but interprets it as a text. It is very frustrating and involves each time a supplemental step to convert the decimals manually to commas.

Rodolphe_Cantil

Itโ€™s possible by creating a new formula field : SUBSTITUTE(CONCATENATE(Temps,""),".",",")

Kameli_Kyttyrai

This is STILL a really bummer in airtable. In Europe we have a decimal COMMA โ€œ,โ€ button in numpad.

See picture:
e42289cc10bb2ce36047eeb7ce3a8dd3dca65405.jpeg

When entering numbers, for example โ€œ106,20โ€ the input in that cell will be โ€œ10602.00โ€. As you may see, thereโ€™s a HUGE possibility to make massive errors.

So, internationalization team in work and make this ASAP!

Antonia_Poux
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
We also strongly need this feature, as this generates lots of errors in our Tables (any decimal figure that we enter with the numeric pad gets discretely multiplied by 100 if we are not extra careful)
Could you add a Checkbox in the preferences settings maybe, at least for the Desktop app? No doubt that would be a huge relief for any non-USA user.
(and that can also make the mini-calendar start on Mondays!)

Kameli_Kyttyrai

Any news on this? Considering of expanding my business. So far Iโ€™ve been managing with Airtable with this comma flaw. But when there will be more people using it, cannot risk it. So do I need to find alternative for Airtable?

Zoe_Andreae
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Please please please introduce the functinality, that you can format your currency with commas as decimal separators!!!

Timo_Germer

Hello, we are a fast growing German startup that also uses Airtable extensively. Unfortunately the missing comma feature leads to massive problems for us as well. High potential for errors when manually entering amounts of money. I would be very happy to receive a soon update regarding this issue.

Jeff_Haskin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Iโ€™m in the US but I serve many international clients, any news on this?

GUILLERMO_MARTI
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Come on Airtable crew! We have been asking for this simple functionality for more than 2 year now. Its about time you get it done!! Please:)