Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Completely Hide Fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Weโ€™d like the ability to hide a given field across the board, in all user views. Such fields are usually elements of complicated multi-field formulas, and require no UI once configured. Such fields should only be accessible in a โ€œMaster Dataโ€ view. The โ€œMaster Dataโ€ view would be accessible to Creators only, and would not allow for any hidden fields or filtering.

10 Comments
Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is a nice to have. +1 from me. :thumbs_up:

Content_Marketi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature! would be really useful when using complicated formulas.

GSSJC_Backpacki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would be very useful. Not just for the scenario described but to stop a new field from appearing in many views when it was created and only needed in one. I have to always go back through and remember to remove the added field from other views.

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

AGREED! We regularly nuke all of our views and rebuild them from a โ€œprimaryโ€ view to eliminate the โ€œextraโ€ fields auto-added to all views when we create a field thatโ€™s meant to be one-view only.

Ryan_Jaccard

Yes, this is also on my list of requests! well said. +1

Rolando_Guerrie
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yeah would be super great to hide a given field in all views across the board except for the baseโ€™s owner. An example of use case is when you want to share the base with your crew for scheduling but keep some fields private (like costs) !!

Actually, they would be more like private fields: i.e. fields only the admin/owner can view.

Peter_Nelson

I like this idea of hiding a field across multiple views, but how about also offering a way to quickly toggle between HIDE ALL and SHOW ALL fields in a given view too. That would be super handy!

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Youโ€™ve that, but I guess you mean temporarily, being able to recover the preset of hidden fields, isnโ€™t it?

WIN_ACRC
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes! Alternatively, for the Embed feature, allow ONLY Sort and Group Controls so Hidden canโ€™t be changed to Show.

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

I think this could be done by adding a โ€œHide by Default/Show by Defaultโ€ toggle in the Field Customization menu.