Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Copy paste multiple options for single select and multiple select

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gopal_Vasudev
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I commonly have fields with 15 or so options. I usually design the options elsewhere and then put them here. My issue is that I am not able to paste multiple options at the same time. Even if I select multiple cells, either in Airtable or a spreadsheet application, and paste into the options box, it puts all the cell contents in one option instead of creating multiple options.

To give a concrete example, consider the following table.

Options Description
High High chance of conversion
Medium Medium chance of conversion
Low Low chance of conversion

I select the three options in the first column and paste into the options part of a field’s configuration screen. My problem is that I get something like this:

High Medium Low

as one option, rather than three options. Could you please have this become three options?

3 Comments
Kasra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi, just to clarify, are you talking about pasting into the field configuration:

Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 9.56.03 AM.png

Gopal_Vasudev

Yes. I would really be able to paste multiple options with a single paste
action.

Christoff
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Airtable automatically populates the options for a Single or Multiple Select field when you create new records by pasting data that contains new options for that field.

Instead of pasting into the field’s configuration screen, create a new record and paste a single column of options (created in, say, Excel) into the field itself (usiing Ctrl-P or Command-P). Airtable will prompt you to create additional records, which will automatically populate the options. You don’t have to provide values for the other fields in your table, not even for the Primary field. Then delete the dummy records. The options will remain in your field configuration.

Of course, if you have some real data that you can copy and paste and it has the options that you use, you can paste that data, with no need to delete the newly-created records, and you don’t have to worry about creating duplicate options. .