Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Copy / Paste records in ios

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zeph_rexx
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

On a computer I can select multiple records, press CMD-C go into a different table and press CMD-V to paste the selected records into that new table.

Is there any way to copy and paste records from within the IOS app?

Otherwise, are there any plans to allow ios users to be able to log into the Airtable website from a browser to view the Desktop version of airtable? Or give us a spreadsheet view from the ios app?

I really enjoy the app, no question, but I have an ipad pro with a keyboard and its so painful sometimes to not have access to the spreadsheet and that extended functionality it comes with. Especially considering that my ipad technically speaking is the most power and modern computer out of all of my computers.

19 Comments
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It does feel strange that the iOS app allows the user to duplicate a base, a table, or a field, but not a record. +1 from me.

Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, I cant truly work on mobile unless I can duplicate records. On the desktop app I just click the down arrow on the record options and hit ‘duplicate record’. Seems like that would be a fairly simple thing to do on mobile as well.

J_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable, please respond … is copy/paste or duplicate record going to be implemented on iOS?

J_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So for iOS users, there is one method to do this (not touch based) … open Airtable in Safari (in desktop mode). In iOS 13+, you can add a bluetooth mouse (like an Apple Magic Mouse) and you can right click a record and then duplicate a record. Works for me (I am on iOS 14 beta at the moment).

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Much needed feature!

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable staff have never commented publicly on new features, updates, etc., including timelines for those things. If they openly invite people to a beta, that’s as close to “this thing is coming soon” as we’re likely to get.

J_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Well, I suppose you could consider it a new feature, but it’s already implemented … I can do it on iOS with Safari and use the newly implemented mouse support and right click to duplicate a record. Given its a pretty basic function, it seems you would not be spilling any secret beans to let your loyal customers know if this useful feature is coming or not. If I had this information, I would not have to train people on a new procedure outside the app, and buy a bunch of Magic Mice just to do this. I would simply wait for the feature and tell everyone “coming in version next”.

Tarun_Bhatia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Unable to use this feature as mentioned by you

J_Allen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Run Airtable in Safari on iOS. Right click on record, then Duplicate

File_000