Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Copy view configuration to another table

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
MFAB
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I understand how to copy a view configuration to another view. I would like to be able to do the same between two separate tables.

This is the situation where I found the limitation, and although there is a workaround I am trying to do this without duplicating data or efforts on separate tables within the base.

I have a Project Management Database in which the first table is a list of โ€œProjectsโ€ with a drop down list to assign one of 9 colors to each project. In the view configuration for that base I โ€œcolor the records the same asโ€ the color field.

In the same database I have a table with a list of โ€œTasksโ€ in which I have a field which links โ€œProjectsโ€ and a lookup table to show the color for each project. In the view configuration for that base โ€œRecords are assigned the first color that they matchโ€ and I match the color using the Project color lookup field. I copy that view configuration to a Calendar and Gantt view and I have a Tasks calendar and gantt chart color coded by project. Swell!

In the same database I have a table with a list of โ€œSubtasksโ€ and a bunch of other tables which all link back to the same Projects table. I would like to be able to copy the view configuration from the โ€œTasksโ€ table views into the other tables without either recreating the view configuration for each table or copying the drop down โ€œColorโ€ field from the original โ€œProjectsโ€ table to each of the other project related tables.

Is copying a view configuration to another table a feature that is in development or does anyone have a workaround that allows linking back to one table without having to manually duplicate view configurations or fields on all of the other tables?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!

2 Comments
Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi @MFAB

Not that I know of. You could email support@airtable.com with your question.

C_Boyd
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be SO useful. I use record coloring a TON, and Iโ€™d like to just be able to copy that configuration between tables, and even between bases! Pleeeeease!