Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Create a way to batch add/remove multiple choice OR linked records from multiple records at once

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan_Renner-1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello! I am creating a schedule where each record is an event. Each record/event includes a column for “invitees” which is a linked record to my contacts tables. Each record/event also includes a multiple select field for “tags” which is how I’m categorizing the events to be able to create specific calendars by department, etc.

This issue is, when I often (i.e. multiple times a day) want to add/remove a single invitee or a tag to dozens or hundreds of events. So far, I’ve only been able edit each record individually. It would be great it I could select the applicable records and then add or remove the invitee to all selected records without modifying the other invitees on that record. That’s why the copy/paste feature doesn’t work in this use case. Each record has a unique mixture of tags and invitees.

I’ve seen some formula based solutions to this that involve creating new fields, adding the value to the new field, using a formula to combine the fields, copying and pasting from the formula field to the original field, then deleting all the new fields, etc. but given how much I’d need this…it’s way too cumbersome to be efficient

2 Comments
Antonio_Gaglia1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 on this - could be cool with automations?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The Airtable’s Batch Update App can do some — but not all — of this:

Otherwise, you’d have to come up with some other way to do this — an automation, a custom script, or using an external automation tool like Zapier or Make.com (formerly known as Integromat).