Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Create Base via Zapier

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
John_Booksmam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just discovered the product and love it, however we need to be able to create bases based on Zapier zaps and I was disappointed to see that pretty basic feature as far as integration goes is missing, I hope you consider adding it in the future.

I also hope to see a more condensed list view of bases (I do see you can switch between grids and lists). We wonโ€™t have large bases, but we will have many.

Thanks you

5 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

A base is something very important, you do not create one every day. What is your use case? :thinking:

John_Booksmam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Elias,

Thanks for responding. Our use case is that whenever we create a project in our business management software, I would like to trigger the creation of a corresponding base for the project in Airtable.

In response to your comment that a base is very important and you do not create one every day, that doesnโ€™t seem to jive with what Airtable is promoting, which is unlimited bases for users. IMO what is so unique about Airtable is that it is blurring the lines between a database and a spreadsheet, and I can see a business having thousands of bases just like they have thousands of spreadsheets.

Even though a single base can track a lot, in our case every project has different team members, and to simplify I think we would simply want a separate base for every project.

Thanks

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Iโ€™ve been checking Zapier, IFTT, Integromay and the API, and I think Airtable doesnโ€™t allow to create bases externally. If every project have different people, maybe Airtable is not the best solution :man_shrugging:

Iโ€™m watching this thread to see other responses :slightly_smiling_face:

Kurt_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Elias,
Iโ€™m with John B on this, whatโ€™s the point of touting that you can create โ€˜unlimitedโ€™ bases, if you have to create every one by hand?
In my case, Iโ€™m looking for an affordable solution to create client isolation to achieve a multi-tenant architecture for a chatbot, and creating (or better duplicating) a base when a new customer signs up, would achieve that.
I agree that the API doesnโ€™t support it, so none of the integration tools is going to be able to do it, necessarily.
Bummer.
Kurt

kalenjordan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Kurt_Anderson Iโ€™m also trying to figure out a multi-tenant architecture on top of airtable. Have you figured anything out yet?

Closest Iโ€™ve gotten is to just give read access to users using shared views and maybe use bubble as a place where people can write data to their preferences which could be syncโ€™d over to airtable, but thatโ€™s not ideal as it would duplicate all the data and fields.