Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Create Base via Zapier

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Booksmam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Just discovered the product and love it, however we need to be able to create bases based on Zapier zaps and I was disappointed to see that pretty basic feature as far as integration goes is missing, I hope you consider adding it in the future.

I also hope to see a more condensed list view of bases (I do see you can switch between grids and lists). We won’t have large bases, but we will have many.

Thanks you

5 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

A base is something very important, you do not create one every day. What is your use case? :thinking:

John_Booksmam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Elias,

Thanks for responding. Our use case is that whenever we create a project in our business management software, I would like to trigger the creation of a corresponding base for the project in Airtable.

In response to your comment that a base is very important and you do not create one every day, that doesn’t seem to jive with what Airtable is promoting, which is unlimited bases for users. IMO what is so unique about Airtable is that it is blurring the lines between a database and a spreadsheet, and I can see a business having thousands of bases just like they have thousands of spreadsheets.

Even though a single base can track a lot, in our case every project has different team members, and to simplify I think we would simply want a separate base for every project.

Thanks

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

I’ve been checking Zapier, IFTT, Integromay and the API, and I think Airtable doesn’t allow to create bases externally. If every project have different people, maybe Airtable is not the best solution :man_shrugging:

I’m watching this thread to see other responses :slightly_smiling_face:

Kurt_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Elias,
I’m with John B on this, what’s the point of touting that you can create ‘unlimited’ bases, if you have to create every one by hand?
In my case, I’m looking for an affordable solution to create client isolation to achieve a multi-tenant architecture for a chatbot, and creating (or better duplicating) a base when a new customer signs up, would achieve that.
I agree that the API doesn’t support it, so none of the integration tools is going to be able to do it, necessarily.
Bummer.
Kurt

kalenjordan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Kurt_Anderson I’m also trying to figure out a multi-tenant architecture on top of airtable. Have you figured anything out yet?

Closest I’ve gotten is to just give read access to users using shared views and maybe use bubble as a place where people can write data to their preferences which could be sync’d over to airtable, but that’s not ideal as it would duplicate all the data and fields.