Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Creating forms to update Records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Molter
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d love to have forms that I can select a record and then specify which field It want updated. I should not be that hard. Come on!

2 Comments
Ky_Van_der_Hoef
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is currently the main extra I’m looking for from Airtable.
My business is in R&D. It takes several stages to produce an end product and data is gathered at each stage. Currently the technicians have separate forms for each stages data points which creates multiple records for the same final product. I currently have to go through daily+ and ‘dedupe’ the records. This works, but isn’t ideal by any means. There is too much room for error with this method as my ‘dedupeing’ could miss something or I could choose the wrong record data to keep.
If they could search for the primary field and add to that record as they move through the stages it would save everyone time and reduce the margin of error.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Here is an extension that was created for Airtable that lets you update a specific record in Airtable via a form: Update Existing Records with Airtable Forms

It doesn’t give you the ability to search for a record, but each record has its own unique URL that you can go to. So you could simply give your users an Airtable webpage that lists the records and their associated URLs, and then the users would just click on the associated URL to update each record via a form.