Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Custom URL when sending User field notifications/email

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Renatto_Andrade
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When assigning a collaborator to a User field, it would be nice if we could direct users to a specific URL via the notification they receive. Currently clicking the email link or the notification sends users to the expanded record in the view where the collaborator assignment happened, but this is less useful in various cases. For example, in a table I'm creating, I have the access to assign a collaborator to the "Assignee" field from multiple grid views and interface pages, but I'd like for anyone that receives the notification to be directed to a different interface page where that can see their assigned records.

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That is true. There is a workaround for this limitation, which is to create your own automation that emails the user when they are added to the field, and you can give them a custom link to take them wherever you want.

Renatto_Andrade

@ScottWorld absolutely, that's what I normally do when building out more important systems, but by having this shortcut exist in the field settings, we might be able to save an automation or 2 😅