Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Day of the week in Date

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Youtube_vpro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It would be nice if there was an option to choose a formatting which includes the day of the week.
Instead of 1/1/2020 --> monday 1/1/2020

6 Comments
JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Youtube_vpro - although you canโ€™t directly format a date field this way, you can create a second formula field which allows this:

Screenshot 2019-09-26 at 15.28.06.png

DATETIME_FORMAT(Date, 'dddd DD/MM/YYYY')

JB

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

While you can do this with an extra field, I donโ€™t think users should have to make a separate field for this, especially for when users only need to show the date differently without any additional formulas/info. Additional date formatting would be much appreciated.

Youtube_vpro

Thanks for the suggestions, but I still think itโ€™s not the optimal solution. (And it doesnโ€™t seem a big feature to add)

This solution means that I need to use to an extra field with a date, and the day of the week formatted field canโ€™t be used as an input. At the moment I have an extra field with a formula to get the day of the week. But I would like to have just one field with the complete date and day of the week!

JonathanBowen
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Agreed! Just a workaround for now, although appreciate it might not work for you.

JB

Courtenay_Ricke

Surely this cant be that hard to add??

Any update on this feature please?

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately Airtable devs are notoriously tight-lipped re: their development plans. If they openly announce it here (or it just shows up someday), thatโ€™s the only โ€œanswerโ€ we get to that question. Sorry.