Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Day Planner Feature?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Lusignan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Airtable,

Unbelievable app you have here. We’re doing extraordinary things with it.

I hope this is requested by others, but what we would LOVE to see in the near future is some sort of simple “Today Planner” planner that we can use to drill down into the calendar hour by hour. This would add a next level to our scheduling with your app. Please let me know if this is something you have already planned (or if it exists, I just can’t find the button for it) or if its a pipe dream.

Thanks again for all you guys do :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Comments
Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi Scott,

Airtable can handle this for you very well!
I like to create a table like this:

Day%20Planner%201

And if you have a PRO account, you can use the colors of the SINGLE SELECT FIELD in your Calender view:

Day%20Planner%202

Also with a PRO account you have the option to add an END DATE to your Calender (when an activity would run over multiple days).

Have fun!

Scott_Lusignan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Andre,

While this feature is almost there and will have to do for now! It would be great to have the blocks take up the times as well since we not only deal with date blocks, but time blocks as well. It currently only shows the time in the front and not a grid of time like say Google Calendar does for it’s weekly view.

Moving appointments/jobs around would be awesome if I could see the hour to hour layout on a weekly view.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hopefully we’ll have a lot more Airtable surprises in the future :slightly_smiling_face:

Roy_Sheridan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Andre - This works quite nicely but it’s a pity the time formatting isn’t carried through to the calendar view! Those times should really appear as 08:30, 09:00 and 11:00. Is that possible?

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

As far as I can tell it is not possible. I tried different settings in the date, but that didn’t make any difference.

Mukund_Thirumal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this feature been implemented?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable lets you create an iCal subscription link for your calendar.

So, probably the best & easiest thing to do would be to simply subscribe to your iCal subscription link from within Google Calendar — or any other calendar app that has the features that you’re looking for.

Then, any time you make a change in Airtable, your Google Calendar will instantly reflect that change.

However, note than when you share an iCal subscription link, your events will be READ-ONLY in your external calendar app, so you won’t be able to make any changes in Google Calendar — you will only be able to make the changes in Airtable.

Mukund_Thirumal
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for the suggestion.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hi Scottworld, Is it possible to add the times in the calendar as well? I tried to link the calendar in my Google Cal (worked fine), but only in an “All day” manner. I would like to add from/to times.

Regards,
André

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, of course. You need to add times to your date field.