Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Decimal comma for numbers still missing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ralf_Westphal
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

After months since first requests for support of a decimal comma (3,14 instead of 3.14) have appeared here nothing has changed in Airtable. That’s a pity. Instead we’ve got a new field type and a new design.

A new field type is nice - but it does not make Airtable more usable to many, many potential users in Europe. I won’t be able to entice anyone of my customers to use Airtable as long as their clerks and office workers cannot use their native number format. Even simple applications cannot be moved from Excel to Airtable without regional input and output formats. I cannot imagine how much revenue will not be generated due to this lack of basic international functionality. It’s so basic, even, that the iPad/iPhone versions of Airtable have it - but the online and desktop versions are lacking it (at least for the decimal comma).

Please, Airtable team, provide all the basic formatting options relevant in most parts of the world outside the US. You’ve created a great tool - but all its cool features are facing a basic constraint: internationalization. It’s not just techies and nerds and geeks using your product. Or at least it shouldn’t :winking_face: