Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Default Value in SIngle Select or Multiple Select Fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Robert_Barkoski
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am working on a database for a company that wants to track their projects. We have a status field and would like to have the status set to a default when a new record is created via a form I made. In the real world, they get a call from a new client and would like to input their relevant data into the database with a simplified form. This is critical as the client is on the phone with them while they are in the database and looking at a sea of fields is not realistic, hence the form.

We started this database to help reduce the workload, double entry, keeping tabs on projects, etc. So far we have found ways to fill these needs. Another way that would help is a default value in a Select or Multiple Select Field. This way I can hide the status field on the form and it is one less thing the call handler has to fill out while talking to the client. Come to think of it, more then a couple of single select fields in our base could benefit from a default valueโ€ฆ

1 Comment
Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We made this tool. It allows you to set a default value for single/multiple select or any other type of fields. You can also schedule it to run regularly to automatically fill that value for any new created record.

autofill-default-value