Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Difficult to use with touchscreen even on 15" laptop

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Donna_Cavalier
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Perhaps other views are more touch-friendly, but grid-view is almost impossible to work with on my 15" laptop touch screen. Itโ€™s not even a matter of size. I can enlarge the screen so that cells are larger than my finger, but that doesnโ€™t help. The scrollbars pretty much donโ€™t work at all when dragging them on screen, and I canโ€™t swipe through to unseen areas of the grid. Basically, itโ€™s just not built for using with touchscreen, but it should be. Donโ€™t think just in terms of mobile or small tablets. Recognize the need to use this on large touch screens as well. It should just work.

40 Comments
Chris_Brock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has any progress been made on this front? I am using a Dell XPS 15 with touch screen and can scroll using the touchpad (or touch) while using Chrome to view AirTable, but not with the AirTable app from the Windows Store.

This is very aggravating and appears to be an ongoing/unaddressed issue.

What can we do to circumvent this?

vannica_svay
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. Trying to use it on chrome on my Surface Pro seem like a good way to use it for entry and review but it is useless with touchscreen. This feature would make Airtable perfect!

john_lepore
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Im trying the airtable Trial Version. Using it on a new surface pro. But I canโ€™t scroll at all using the touch screen. What Im I missing or doing wrong?

Jose_Pereira
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bump. Shouldnโ€™t be too hard of a fix.

Anty
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any update on this? Currently giving Surface Go to all my technical team and they canโ€™t use Airtable when using touchโ€ฆ A really issue for us.

Nathalie_Collin
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I emailed them not long ago about this and was basically told that itโ€™s not in the works. Here is a direct quote from their response to me

Though this is something we plan to expand support for over time

Critical for me too for the same reason. I am not certain, but I think it has to do with the language that they are working in that is inhibiting this function. In other words, I think it would require a whole new rework of their system to implement.

Itโ€™s okay for apple and android devices as there are apps for them. Unfortunately, any Windows device is out of luck.

Having said that though, I guess that would mean Chromebooks work too โ€ฆ ??

Jackson_Casimir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

All these years later and still an incredible oversight. You are quite literally the only modern business platform to not support touch interactions. Iโ€™m also moving my team to Surface Gos, and it looks like weโ€™ll be dropping Airtable.

Weโ€™ll come back if you add support.

Jeff_Miller1

Yes, I agree. This issue is really hindering performance.

Our company wants to use AirTable for project tracking and scheduling, and need to use a tablet to access AirTable. The Android and iOS apps are just not quite powerful enough to use, and so we want to use the full site on a tablet. However, this is impossible to do because you canโ€™t scroll on the web version of AirTable with a touch deviceโ€ฆ

AirTable staff, please please please add this feature! I feel like it is essential and would help you in the long run.

Tal_Saron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Wowโ€ฆ canโ€™t believe this is still an issue! I see so many people using Surface Pros for productivity work, the fact that this issue has been outstanding for all this time is surprising. I definitely add my voice to those asking for this.

Brandon_Paxton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please really need thisโ€ฆjust starting out with airtable but this could be dealbreaker.