Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Difficult to use with touchscreen even on 15" laptop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donna_Cavalier
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Perhaps other views are more touch-friendly, but grid-view is almost impossible to work with on my 15" laptop touch screen. It’s not even a matter of size. I can enlarge the screen so that cells are larger than my finger, but that doesn’t help. The scrollbars pretty much don’t work at all when dragging them on screen, and I can’t swipe through to unseen areas of the grid. Basically, it’s just not built for using with touchscreen, but it should be. Don’t think just in terms of mobile or small tablets. Recognize the need to use this on large touch screens as well. It should just work.

40 Comments
Rendt_Gorter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still an issue. Can you please fix this?

Jean_Francois_B
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

That’s kind of crazy when you think about it, every other site scrolls Google sheets, Office 365, etc but Airtable… I tried my bases on iOS iPad a few months back and was amazed that you couldn’t finger scroll. But on Microsoft Surface… I’m shocked, thankfully there is still the keyboard and touchpad but this issue makes me believe that one of the founders really hates tablets. When you look at Airtable iPhone’s app low possibilities, they are not into smartphones either.
Can we have official feedback here please, any technical reasons apart of phobias on portability?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yep. Scrolling doesn’t work in Airtable on neither iPads nor iPhones. :cry:

Would really love Airtable to work on iOS browsers! :slightly_smiling_face:

The Airtable mobile app that you can download from the App Store isn’t full-featured, so it would be awesome to get this working on mobile browsers!

There must be some technical challenge that they’re facing, which is preventing them from rolling this out.

Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Could someone from AirTable make an official comment on this please?

Dallen_Farmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I just spent $10k on Dell latitude 7220 rugged tablets, for employees to complete field data entry into Airtable. The tablets have arrived, and come to find out that they are nearly useless to me, because Airtable doesn’t support touch screen scrolling in Windows 10. How would I have even know to verify this functionality. I am completely dumbfounded (and angry)! WHY is this not supported in Airtable?!?!?

As a premium customer, I pay good money for advanced functionality. I don’t feel like something as rudimentary as scrolling with a tablet would be considered anything but basic functionality. [sigh].

Vince
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a similar problem using a graphic tablet (XP-Pen 15.6), cannot drag nor right-click properly in the Airtable UI on Chrome.

Glenn_Fick
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Still an issue. iPad app is good enough for now, but bigger concern is the number of comments on this over a 3 year span and not a peep from Airtable. Is that the norm?

Colin_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh man really bummed this is still an issue. What gives?

Jean_Francois_B
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I was working on my beautiful team workload planning yesterday in Kaban view on my Surface Pro and I was bluffed (again) by the fact that I could not move a task from “unassigned” to a collaborator’s column with my stylus or fingers… Well, it is not completely true, if you keep the stylus on the card until a fist shows up you can then somehow move it but it is not what one using a touchscreen has in mind in 2020.
Same with scrolling vertically or horizontally, not available on touchscreen.
I made a short review (Using Airtable with Safari on iPad 13.x.x) on the iPad pro and safari with the new iPad ios last year and I already mentioned it. The lack of scrolling on a touch screen is unacceptable because I can scroll on any cloud app site that I use on any given browser but with Airtable. It is clear to me that the entire Airtable staff works on Apple OS environment and when they snatch an iPad it’s for Airtable on iOS only. In other words, no one there cares that Airtable is useless on laptop/desktop with touch functionality.

chrisboat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is hard to believe 4 years later this basic requirement to be able to scroll on a Surface Pro has never been addressed or responded to by anyone from Airtable.