Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Display video thumbnail

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Pierre-Alexand2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be usefull to display a thumbnail of video files in attachement fields.

7 Comments
David_Roulin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Pierre-Alexandre_Pap I also wanted video attachments to show at least a thumbnail.
So I wrote a Chrome extension that puts the actual videos in Airtable previews, and autoplays them.
For now the extension only works with Gallery views (not in Grid view lists).
And I should mention that I cannot release it yet because in its current form it requires to input your Airtable api credentials.
I may release that extension at some point though if I find time to finish it. Iโ€™ve just set up a Patreon today, I donโ€™t know, if enough people seem interested I could speed up the development of this thing.
Check it out: Airtable video preview - Chrome extension - devlog (v0.2.0) - YouTube

Ana_Amorim
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think thereโ€™s an app for that. Thereโ€™s one app for URL preview (and it accepts Youtube links) and thereโ€™s an Video preview as well.

Jen_Thomas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I know this is an older post, but I very much agreeโ€“ love having the video player!, but Iโ€™m still generating thumbnails for every video manually by taking an uploading a screenshot and then ordering it to be the first attachment.

Are there any plans to have video thumbnails auto-generated?

Maria_Robertson

Iโ€™d love this as well

Rob_Lee

2023 Bump

BrianG

Yeah, this would be really helpful. We're looking to build a system to run our entire business in AirTable. Part of that includes uploading videos for Client's to review. Thumbnail would make for clearer UX.

Medinasaur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this!