Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Adjust header height

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Pierre-Alexand2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be usefull to be able to adjust the header height. I woud use this feature to redure the width of a fied and still be able to read the header.

33 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, this is a much-needed feature. I have several clients who are in desperate need of this.

Geza_Molnar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Iโ€™d like that :slightly_smiling_face:

Samir_Ghosh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

How can this only have 6 likes? Screen real estate is scarce and scrolling to see columns is a pain. Allow higher header and columns donโ€™t have to be so wide and more columns could fit in the view.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable doesnโ€™t seem to understand the importance of this.

Please be sure to email support@airtable.com about this very important & much-needed feature. They rarely read these forum posts, but they need to hear from everyone about this.

Samir_Ghosh
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ok. Hereโ€™s what I wrote:

Hi,

Iโ€™m quite surprised that AirTable does not have the ability to change the height of grid view headers. So often (most of the time?), one needs a descriptive header that is far wider than the data. Itโ€™s a total waste of screen space to make the entire column wide enough for titles.

Spreadsheets understood this decades ago by enabling adjustable height on headers (field names) so the data column widths could be optimized for screen width without sacrificing readability of the headers.

Please prioritize adding the capability to adjust grid view header heights.

Thanks!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Fantastic letter! :slightly_smiling_face: Letโ€™s hope it helps!

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

UP
Adjusting the header height would be such a visual improvement in some tables!

Nikhil_Ranka

Certainly, a much needed feature.

Gabriel_Audant

Yes please! This is a much needed feature. To be able to see the field name more easily would be a huge improvement.

Heidi_Wruck
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

YES PLEASE!! Without this ability, I find myself exporting to CSV to make a table for my clients to view easily - this means I have clients missing out on the wonderful airtable features!