Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Duplicate Automations?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tim_Sullivan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

It would be great to be able to duplicate automations once they have been built. I have a use case where I’m moving records from one table to one of two identical tables depending on what filter they fit into. I built the first automation, only to realize I had to completely redo the exact same work for the second destination.

8 Comments
Katie_Gilligan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Tim, this feature exists at the base level. When you have the automations tab open, click the automation you’d like to duplicate to open it. Once it’s open, you should see a triangle at the end of the title–click it and it will open a menu allowing you to rename, duplicate, or delete it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tim_Sullivan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Awesome, thanks @Katie_Gilligan, now how do I report this as the solution on my mobile?

Lukas_Barth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How to do that across bases?

David_Alonso
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Does anyone know if this can be done across bases? I mean. I want to create the same automation in several bases but idk if that is possible just importaing an automation

Thanks!

David_Alonso

Did you get to do that?

David_Alonso

Not actually! I havent tried if further anyway!

Jorigine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeh, a mechanism to implement in a Base an Automation from another Base would be great for managing the lifecycle of Tables and associated Automations (I validate an automation in staging, I now want to implement exactly it in production)

Automagical

+1 would be incredibly useful to be able to copy and past automations across bases.