Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Duplicate Automations?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tim_Sullivan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

It would be great to be able to duplicate automations once they have been built. I have a use case where Iโ€™m moving records from one table to one of two identical tables depending on what filter they fit into. I built the first automation, only to realize I had to completely redo the exact same work for the second destination.

8 Comments
Katie_Gilligan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Tim, this feature exists at the base level. When you have the automations tab open, click the automation youโ€™d like to duplicate to open it. Once itโ€™s open, you should see a triangle at the end of the titleโ€“click it and it will open a menu allowing you to rename, duplicate, or delete it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tim_Sullivan
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Awesome, thanks @Katie_Gilligan, now how do I report this as the solution on my mobile?

Lukas_Barth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How to do that across bases?

David_Alonso
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Does anyone know if this can be done across bases? I mean. I want to create the same automation in several bases but idk if that is possible just importaing an automation

Thanks!

David_Alonso

Did you get to do that?

David_Alonso

Not actually! I havent tried if further anyway!

Jorigine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yeh, a mechanism to implement in a Base an Automation from another Base would be great for managing the lifecycle of Tables and associated Automations (I validate an automation in staging, I now want to implement exactly it in production)

Automagical

+1 would be incredibly useful to be able to copy and past automations across bases.