Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Dynamic filter based on collaborator field ("Me" view)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adam_Dowsett
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The collaborator field is great. Is there any plan to allow dynamic filtering based on this column? E.g. when collaborator contains [me]?

Use case: I’ve got a team issues register using SharePoint. The default view shows the user only those records where their name (based on authenticated user account) is contained in a collaborator column.

I’d like to transition to Airtable, but would need to give users a “My Items” view where they can see only records which contain them as a collaborator, without the user being required to apply a filter themselves.

51 Comments
Justyn_Hebrock
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

1+ this. This will help reduce the number of views in a base which I know is a main complaint with the lack of cross base linking. I’m currently running 30 views in a base and could reduce these by about 12 if I could filter based on user.

bjenkins

Agreed to all. +1 on feature add. I’ve built a custom ‘user dashboard’ but it has to be shared with each user manually and doesn’t allow for widescale distribution or edits.

Andrew_Silk

+1 want this feature

Tim_Garbos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Would love users to not have to create their own views - that we then can’t keep up to date when things change.

douglaslassance
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very much missing to create views that are relevant to the current user.

Hamid_Shenasi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Great idea. We’re trying to consolidate all of our apps into Airtable and this would be a great way to migrate our task list app into Airtable.

Rich_Cleeve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

This would be really useful

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1
This would help keeping the amount of views lower

Jonathan_Marcus
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

This would be great. My team has a shared todo list, and I want a single view that shows “my tasks” for each of us.

TotallyTabular

+1 this would be very handy to have. In general, it would be great if filters could reference the value of fields, collaborator or otherwise, and not just static strings