Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Feature parity between desktop and iOS

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Achim_Baur
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I could not find a dedicated feature request for this so I made one.

There are quite a lot of features that are in the desktop version but not on iOS:

• Group records (Group view on ios)

• Calendar View

• Kanban View

• Form View

• Blocks

• Create or edit formula, rollup, count, lookup and created time fields

• Show/hide fields

• Share Button

• Download CSV

• History

• Color

• Row Height

• Copy another views configuration

Please add in comments if I am forgetting something here.

Is feature parity on the roadmap?

19 Comments
Ptt_Pch
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
  • Duplicate / Copy a record
  • Showing ยซ looked-up ยป pictures instead of some sort of link
  • the ability to modify a record without the ยซ expanded view ยป
  • Adding documents from iCloud documents
  • โ€ฆ

Thatโ€™s all I can think of for now โ€ฆ

raoulwegat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Right now my frustration of having to use such a feature broken app compared to the desktop is just massive. Anyone else feel the pain?

At the very least, a simple announcement from Airtable that theyโ€™re โ€œworking on itโ€ would suffice.

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

@Airtable_Team - I could really benefit from iOS views honoring hidden fields.

Trying to convince/push my boss towards wider adoption of Airtable for workflows within our department, but he doesnโ€™t like the idea of users seeing all the behind-the-scenes formula fields I have working on the data they input.

Brendan_Giles
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote for this. Airtable on the iPad is fantastic for our users, but he lack of some of the desktop features really hinders its usability.

Sahand_Nayebazi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a big deal. I just started trying Airtable and hit this right away while trying to make a gallery view on mobile.

Iโ€™m leaving Airtable now for this reason.

Airtable marketing itself as a part of the new league (with beautiful and cross-platform, feature-complete apps like Slack) while having this huge chasm between what you can do on the desktop and what you can do on mobile gives me a bad feeling and erodes trust.

Iyas_AlQasem
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is a real showstopper. I was hoping at least using a browser on the iPad would mean I could use Airtableโ€™s fuller functionality, but you are also unable to access the web version through a browser on the iPad.

I have introduced so far 30 new clients to Airtable in the last couple of months. But without at least some of the basics here, I will need to unwind those clients and find something else. Does anyone know of an app that has similar functionality but is ready for mobile? (Please donโ€™t just post competitors to Airtable, which doesnโ€™t belong here. Just apps that are truly mobile ready, i.e. in a market that Airtable isnโ€™t yet truly addressing).

Thank you.

Jonatan_Littke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

By using โ€œRequest Desktop Siteโ€ on Airtable.com, you can access it from mobile.

But scrolling doesnโ€™t work for me :thinking:

Jon_Techilovsky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes - as per Jonatanโ€™s advice above, if you follow these steps you can view all the desktop options, such as calendar view, blocks etc on iOS, iPads etc:

• Open Safari
  • Click on the share button at top right of screen
  • Scroll the bottom row of icons until you get to Request Desktop Site
  • Click that button
  • Login to Airtable.com

Hope this helps people.

Nicholas_Mattso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Finding the desktop version on mobile is not a valid option for unlocking the potential of airtable for us. Our field reps need to be able to use more functionality on iOS, especially kanban.

Itโ€™s worth an extra fee for us. Airtable would be our go to.

Joe_Wilson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m here to bump this thread.

iOS Form View has been a feature request since at least 2017, and iOS honoring hidden field settings has been requested for almost the same length of time.

Whatโ€™s the major roadblock to implementing these features in the app? Is your team short on iOS devs? Can the community help in some way?