Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Field-specific Record Revision history

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Renatto_Andrade
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

In my team's usage of Airtable, we have a lot of different fields going through a lot of changes over time. On multiple occasions I've had to dig through a record's revision history, clicking Show more multiple times to get far enough to find the history that I need. In order to find a single field's history, I have to expand each of the history segments, then use ctrl+F to search the name of the field, and then click through each result to see the history I'm looking for.

I would love a filter mechanism in the Revision history where users could select a specific field from their table, and the Revision history would be limited to showing only the changes made to that field.

2 Comments
JonnyAcorns
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this! I would also love to have field-specific comments. Currently I use long text fields to input notes about specific records. For example I update a field every time I make a change to a contact. But I have to put my name and date of change every time. 

matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

yes! almost every time im accessing revision history it is because i want to see recent/all changes made to a specific field. Often from interfaces, but grid views as well.

I envision something simple like the a filter icon next to the bell/notification icon at top of revision history window. But instead of clicking the notification icon and choosing to watch comments or not, you click on the filter icon and it allows you to select one or more fields to filter results of revision history.