Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Field type: Action Button

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Michael_Hechler
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi.
I am currently in testing mode with Airtable and have to say: I really like it.

There is one thing which I currently came up with and I would like to share:

New field type โ€œAction Buttonโ€ which triggers an action (the one I am thinking of is something like mail the record to someone, sending any kind of answer/feedback โ€ฆ there maybe more actions) which could be very useful esp. when your table is shared via html.

Michael

6 Comments
Dylan_Pierce
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed, this would make Airtable not just a data entry tool and viewing tool but an actual dashboard creator.

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You could use a Checkbox (or any other similar), and create a View/Filter for those records. Then you could automate whatever you want with Zapier: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/206785897-Using-Zapier-to-integrate-Airtable-with-oth...

Rosanna_Nevius
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thatโ€™s how weโ€™ve done it as well. Using checkboxes to move items into different view which then triggers a zap solves so many issues for so many applications, i.e. moving data from one base to another.

brian_money

The checkbox / Zapier solution does work well for exporting records to another system, but it doesnโ€™t work well for periodic updates. Weโ€™re using Airtable to manage our product data and frequently need to push updates to other systems. The Zapier โ€œnew item in viewโ€ is not good for this so weโ€™re using a formula to create a URL to an intermediate system. An Action button would be a nicer way to handle this.

Phill_Dettman1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Does anyone know if AirTable plan to add an action button anytime soon?

How can one send a feature request to Airtable (such as this) for consideration?

Is there a block perhaps that could help? Iโ€™m only a plus subscriber not pro, so donโ€™t know if blocks do this kind of thing.

Many thanks.

Phill

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Button fields are in beta now. Sign up for it here: