Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Filter Synced Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flyinsolo
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

flyinsolo_0-1701465452738.png

In the View pane, the little gear in the search bar (above) grants the option of filtering out everyone's personal views—is there a way an option can be added to show only views that are being synced and/or shared? And maybe even something that gives people the option to exclude synced views from the list. Or maybe include a little indicator (a little pink asterisk or icon to match the "Share and sync" menu in the topbar, perhaps) next to View names? We have a lot of views and having a way to quickly see the views from which data is flowing out would be helpful. Right now I believe this kind of functionality is only available in the Share menu, which to me doesn't feel as intuitive and hampers visibility.

1 Comment
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
I think, it's a good practice to create special views for syncing and lock them. We often add editable fields to a synced table, and when it's source not locked, it's very easy to accidentally mess with filters,  for a few seconds. Even if you quickly revert changes back, syncing empty table will erase all data in editable fields.

To find all active shared views of a base, you can use Base - Share - View 

Alexey_Gusev_0-1701501333607.png