Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form to edit data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Harkn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

At the moment the form only allows input of new data. Can we have a form for editing existing records? At the moment we can only edit in the table meaning I can’t present the records the way I want. Can’t even hide columns on mobile, meaning the users are free to wreak havoc on the existing data :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

163 Comments
Meg_Kensington
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I believe you should already have the functionality to accomplish this, by created a limited “view” for those users, and allowing them edit permission within that view?

Maylene_So
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1, at the moment we only have the ability to hide or unhide fields in the form mode. There is no ability to rearrange fields the way you want in form mode. Sort of like a ‘form view’ would be awesome.

MARIO_RIVIERE

Hallo Airtable Experts,
I have developed a airtable for follow up projects. Now i will registrate when someone start and stop his job on the project. So that it’s possible to calculate how many ours are spend on this project.
So with a form they registrate their start (works perfect). i Try with a second form to make the registration when they stop. That give me the problem that the info comes on a new record and not in the existing record row when the person starts his job on the project.

Does anyone have an idea on how to do that?

Amos_Clifford
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Super important request. Referral to use Zapier is a clumsy workaround. I can tell your engineers are great… you can do it Airtable Team!

LL_Comms
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hoping that something will be created soon… Trying to create a “submit content” form, but unable to implement because people want to be able to edit their submissions. I also don’t want to bug them with having to create an account to edit.

Are there any workarounds for now that will allow people to edit their submissions without having to login?

Sam_Wood

Finally I got something working, still rough but should be able to edit existing records :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Check it out https://www.formnano.com/

@all: let me know you’re from the AirTable community, I can help you set up the forms & give you some discount in exchange for feedback!

brandon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable, can you buy Sam’s company please, he’s implemented the feature we all want.

Kevin_Kunkel

I have a very specific use case for this Howie. I’d like to manage space use records in a table. I’d like to be able to create views for each space administrator that limit the record set to specific records according to their authority. Further, I’d like to associate a form view based on the filtered data in a view, and assign only that form to a user to edit their space records. The form view would allow me to present the information in a specific format which would display a graphic of a floor plan and the related space details for each record to help to orient the space administrator, and expose the fields for editing, The form should have some navigation (vcr) controls to allow for movement between records in the data set.

Gonz

+1 here as well. Can’t start working on Airtable without such a feature

Fiona_Reeves
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on this so clients can either edit the original form or have limited view permission to update their record? Would be so very helpful