Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form to edit data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Harkn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

At the moment the form only allows input of new data. Can we have a form for editing existing records? At the moment we can only edit in the table meaning I can’t present the records the way I want. Can’t even hide columns on mobile, meaning the users are free to wreak havoc on the existing data :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

163 Comments
Aaron_Owen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I used to use the card view in FileMaker Pro all the time which displayed a form view, but allowed you to page through different records while in the form view. I’d love to see this feature implemented.

Polen
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I completely support this amazingly great idea.

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would LOVE to be able to edit records in a form view.

Eshin_Godfrey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Me too. I’d also love a Find field at the top of the form to go to a specific record.

Wayne_Chen
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This feature is essential if AirTable is to be a popular collaboration tool! Currently this is keeping us from fully implementing AirTable as a production tool.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Would looking at/editing the records in expanded view serve your needs? When editing in expanded view, the fields are presented in a way that appears similar to our form view.

Wayne_Chen

Hi Katherine,

Thank you for the suggestion. We would like to be able to give individuals the ability to edit existing records without giving them access to the entire base. We wouldn’t want them to make any major changes to the base (e.g., delete tables, delete columns, etc.). Since full access is needed in order to look at records in expanded views, this unfortunately would not work for us.

Katherine_Harkn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree with Wayne. It’s not about how the data appears, it’s about limiting access.

My full base is very confusing to anyone who takes a brief look at it. Because you don’t provide any sort of cross-table query, I’m having to include many lookup and calculated fields in order to be able to pull the data I need out of it. A new user would be overwhelmed and unsure which fields they could edit and which not. I need a form so I can present the user with just those fields that they can edit.

Lyndon_Penson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like customers to be able to update their own rows of information, is there anyway that I can email them row update requests they can easily update their preferences and info without logging in?

Forms don’t seem to help as they add new rows rather than updating, and customer specific shared views don’t seem to help because they can’t update without logging in. I’d like to make this as easy as possible for them.

Any suggestions appreciated, kind regards Lyndon

sunny_integrati
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I would like to check if we can retrieve a record to the FORM and update it.