Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Form to edit data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Harkn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

At the moment the form only allows input of new data. Can we have a form for editing existing records? At the moment we can only edit in the table meaning I can’t present the records the way I want. Can’t even hide columns on mobile, meaning the users are free to wreak havoc on the existing data :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

163 Comments
Matt_Hardy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d like to vote for this too - this exactly matches my use case. @Emmett_Nicholas are you able to provide an update on this feature request - looks like there are lots and lots of us who’d like it.

Daria_Jelcic
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there, has anything been developed to solve this issue?

Steven_Borriell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there any update on this "Form to edit date " enhancement request. This is basically a showstopper for me. The “PATCH” update capability exists via the API so is there a way to leverage that via an airtable form?

Robert_Gray1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d be very keen to see this facility. We have some 30 users who will enter forms recording time out on our coastguard rescue vessel. They need to input dates, times, engine start and finish, fuel start and finish as well as details of the mission and crew on board.

It’s a bit much to expect that they will get it all right each time so some way to correct recent entries is essential.

nisha_elliott

Voting up this feature - we have a number of users that need this feature, and it’s a feature that will get folks on board with this tool. We do not have a workaround either: Zapier is not a tool we are approved to use.

Olivier_Brzozow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Vote for this feature too, this seems like a must have!

Tammy_Wilson1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d really like to see this implemented as well.

An example of where I could use this:
I put on events. I’m creating a running order for the competitors so they can see when it is there turn. I need someone to update when someone has competed so the competitors know who is next. I’m busy doing other things so can’t manage this myself. I’ll need a volunteer to update this information, but they will be different people each event and I wouldn’t want them to have access to the tables, just the ability to update a couple of fields in a table. Basically update a has_run checkbox to true, but also capable of moving someone in the run order if they have a conflict, etc which requires an update to another field. Happy to give you more info if that helps.

Ricky_Charpenti

It’s amazing to me that Airtable hasn’t implemented this feature yet. It seems like there are alot of people who would get a ton of value from this feature. I’ve been thinking of creating this myself… is anyone else interested in a solution? Would love to get some ideas of what features you would find useful! @Olivier_Brzozowski @nisha_elliott @Robert_Gray1 @Steven_Borriello @Daria_Jelcic @Tammy_Wilson1

OSC_Tech
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking for this feature as well, we would like to modify existing students to modify their details, like homerooms, optional subjects and such. This below link was the closest workaround I have found to achieve this. I was really excited about Airtables - but this is a bummer

OSC_Tech
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
https://community.airtable.com/t/editing-an-existing-record-via-an-airtable-form-sorta-kinda/23017