Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Format formula fields results as user and rich text fields

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Formula fields have recently gained the ability to be formatted as single selects and checkboxes.
I propose that formula fields also have the ability to be formatted as users and rich text.

How does is solve the user problems?

User fields are very useful for filtering records in interfaces, especially for filtering on the "current user". However, currently, the filter only works on actual user fields, but sometimes the user should be a calculated value. For example, a record might have a different assignee, depending on the stage of the record. It would be useful to have a formula field calculate the current assignee so that the interface page can then show all of the records where the user is a current assignee.

For rich text fields, I currently have a formula field that serves as a template to build paragraphs in markdown, combined with an automation that copies the formula result to a rich text field. If the formula field could be formatted directly as rich text, I would not need the helper rich text field or the automation. This would also reduce issues with determining when the automation needs to be re-triggered. 

How was this validated?

Based on my experience with Airtable, I think these features would be useful.

Who is the target audience?