Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, Offline Mode please!! I use databases to store gps waypoints, notes, images and all kinds of information about outdoor locations (many of which are outside of cell coverage) and although I love Airtable, in itโ€™s present form it canโ€™t be used for any data gathering outside of cell coverage. This would be greatly beneficial to outdoor enthusiasts, travelers, surveyors, disaster relief, restoration, construction, forestry, you name it- any type of activity that takes a person outside of cell coverage.

Here is one idea on how to accomplish thisโ€ฆ
-User would have an โ€œOfflineโ€ switch and the app would warn the user the device will download a full copy of the database to the local device which can be read, edited, etc but no table structures or relationships may be edited in offline mode. Only records can be read, edited and added in offline mode but table, form and field types are locked while offline.
-When connectivity is re-established, an integrity check would be done to ensure that the table structures and relationships have not changed (by other users that were online) since the user went offline. If architecture has changed, user is presented with a choice to either make a copy of the device data with the prefix โ€œsyncconflict_โ€ or ask the user if they want local device data replaced with the current server structure and data.

In any case, I really hope Airtable implements an Offline Mode as soon as possible. It would make this app so much more userful for so many types of businesses, organizations and activities that do not necessary have data coverage 100% of the time.

OllyBolly
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need the offline modus too!!! I canโ€™t use Airtable without it :frowning:

George_Vasquez
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My Idea is to have encapsulated snapshots backed up to your device and viewable with a user defined update point.

Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

agreed, and there are multiple requests for offline mode but unfortunately they are all fragmented all over the site. we need to combine our requests into a single Offline Mode feature request that everyone can get on board with, to maximize visibility to this. I will say, Airtable has replied to me personally and said this is in their plans, but no indication of when it may be available. If lots of people need it, it may help to move it up the priority list.

Shaun_Chavis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! Offline access!

Luzius_Fischer

+1
the use cases are plentiful.
For example in film production there are many potential uses, from locations to shot lists and script / continuity.
And weโ€™re often working on remote locations, in basements, etc. where mobile coverage is bad or nonexistent.

Franklin_Tseng
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Most definitely the most useful feature to be able to work offline. Right now, when the internet connection is not good, it takes too long to upload databases especially when it gets large.

Airtable is the most used app, because I have so much information on it. Not able to work offline is an impediment.

Joe_Cool
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, our business would be in ruins if (knock on wood) we ever have data issues. +1 for this feature.

Franklin_Tseng
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just when I wanted to find something, there is no data, or very slow data. OFFLINE is a must for databases. Really appreciate it.

Fred_Lepper
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote here for offline access. Airtable appears to be a wonderful database but not having access while offline is a deal-breaker for me.