Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Russ_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Easily my number one feature request. I travel a lot and would LOVE to get some Airtable work done while I do it. I run into this limitation weekly.

Barry_Margolius

+1
Offline access would be a really useful feature for me.

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I would like to predominantly work offline .

I would collect field data in remote locations on ipad and help clients implement similar solutions. I am using other platforms that enable this for now. Airtable remains a test bed.

Collaborate with 5 per base.

Conflicts are ok if there is a smooth interface for addressing them.

There would be zaps related to records being created.

Friedrich_Kirch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1
Hi, I use Airtable since two weeks and I am greatly impressed after years of frustrated use of other Apps. The only thing I miss is temporary offline access.

How would you want to use Airtable offline?
Reading. Creating new records. Editing. 1. In my work in the field with collegues with an international charity Organisation in Latin America and Europe. 2. Private, with Friends for hiking and Outdoor activities (Shared Travel diary).

Do you use Airtable alone, or with collaborators?
I use it with 2 collaborators, Potentially up to 12.

How much do you need to be able to do in Airtable while offline?
Mostly for 8-10 Hours, sometimes for 2-3 days. Mostly, I’d like to be able to create records and edit. No need to change forma, filters or structures.

How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually? tolerant. I (the User) should be informed that edits of different Records may cause conflicts.

There is a question you didn’t asked: How tolerant would collaborators be if a Record is temporally “read only”? I think, very tolerant. An Option that the owner or Write Access-collaborators can set a record in “offline edit-Mode” would reduce significantly the Airtable CEO’s nightmare of Sync conflicts.

Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile? Mobile on both iPad and android phone.

Bruce_Tambling
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

As cool and seductive as Airtable is, the FIRST question I asked myself was “can this app work offline?”
Google brought me to this thread. LOL

Simple example:

1. Create a “Team Directory” with phone numbers of all involved.
  2. You want to CALL someone, but have NO Internet.
  3. Game OVER for AirTable
Helen_Foster-Tu

I need this too. I am often in areas with poor connection or in a notspot. The more I am using it, the more I rely on it and consequently the bigger the problem is when I don’t have access to it.

It really is key to me.

Peter_Stone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need AT for inspections where the database set up is not going to change but would need to update records with data from the field.
I would be using it with one or two collaborators at most.
I need to use it offline for about an hour or two each day.
I would not be tolerant resolving conflicts at all.
I’m thinking of, as others have suggested, an offline mode that would sync changes one reconnected. Again only records updating with NO changes to structure or relationships is what I need.
Hope this helps!

Khalil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @Katherine_Duh, thanks for giving us the chance to help with our stories!
Keep up the good work.

I use airtable to organize pretty much everything at work (non-profit social entrepreneur)

Alone for now / 3 collaborators when I manage to convince them to sign up…

I’d like to create and edit records just like I do when I’m connected (including formulas :smiling_imp: )

For how long do you need to be able to use Airtable offline?
Since I don’t collaborate much on airtable, I don’t have any preference.

How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually?
As much as you guys need to get it working :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile?
I spend a decent amount of time in trains and areas with a poor connection, so mobile and desktop would be great! But I can settle for desktop.

Dave_Lane
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Mostly read only, but with the ability to add new base entries as needed.

With collaborators, but they have “Edit only” access

No need to change formatting, just want to add new db entries. I would even be happy if attachments weren’t part of offline mode

For how long do you need to be able to use Airtable offline?
Up to a week

How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually?
As much as you guys need to get it working

Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile?
Mobile

Arnulv_Rudland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Second in on the requirements with one important exception:
I can do well without the ability to change database structures (including field types, drop-down list contents etc.).