Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Jonathan_J
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

An initial ability to just access the data offline in a copy of the Base that is uneditable and updated on the app manually would be irreplaceable. I use Airtable for storing Machine data, location, parts and service manuals, pictures in order to service and maintain hundreds of industrial machines all over my state. With cell phone coverage or wifi being mandatory, i am fairly tied down to taking pictures and screenshots of my Base so i can use that info offline. Offline usage could be limited to adding new records and editing current records. If there are conflicts it could just put that data in a New Record that could be manually resolved once i have internet access so the data isnโ€™t lost, itโ€™s just dislocated. I am using Airtable to manage all of my daily business, it is awesome.

Christian_Stade
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Without being able to use this app offline / standalone itโ€™s completely useless for many usecases as mentioned. One of those being taking notes while being offline in an airplaneโ€ฆ

Please implement at least a basic version of the offline mode. For example having a workspace in a single user mode. Or a workspace only available offline.

Since I am a software architect I am assuming that implementing such a feature in a profound basic version would not take longer than a week! But improve the whole project tremendously because it would open up a gigantic new field of possibilities with the tool!!!

Feanne_H_M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please, I need offline access as well. Iโ€™d be willing to pay for this feature.

Wayne_Chen

+1 for offline mode so that this is useful for researchers on the field or out at sea. Would be nice to be able to access a local cached copy during a long flight.

Lisa_Rex1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was really hoping for a happy ending at the end of this thread. Alasโ€ฆ

How would you want to use Airtable offline?

Primarily on long flights. I want to look data up, do some filtering and sorting, make some comparisons. Read-only would be fine; I just want to be able to view it offline.

Do you use Airtable alone, or with collaborators?
My personal Airtables are alone currently, but I could see adding collaborators in the future. At work, I have 3 collaborators. We donโ€™t edit that often.

How much do you need to be able to do in Airtable while offline?
Iโ€™d be happy with Read-only access of a single tab quite honestly.

For how long do you need to be able to use Airtable offline?
In most cases it would only be a couple hours.

How tolerant would you be of having to resolve merge conflicts manually?
Quite tolerant.

Would you primarily be using offline mode on desktop or mobile?

Desktop; I use my laptop for Airtable.

Shannon_Smith
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Iโ€™m on planes and in internet-spotty subways a lot.

Both, depends on the base. Offline need is for both.

Everything, but at least reading, sorting and filtering. Then filling out or editing rows. Then creating rows and columns.

Whatever makes offline Airtable possible.

Both, but mostly mobile.

Ben_Hanna1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We run corporate team off-sites, and many of the venues we host events at are in the mountains with no cell service. I would want to run through programming and inventory while onsite to make sure we are set up. As it is, I am exporting each table to a csv, importing it to google docs and enabling offline mode.

Write is mostly alone, but read w/ collaborators. Would love cheaper โ€œread-onlyโ€ collaborators too.

Read-only access is probably sufficient for my purposes.

If read only, not a problem right?

Mobile.

Bryan_Power
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Want it for mobile write and edit to create /edit new tasks and projects and thoughts and deciision journaling as I use it for my central repository for all these things. And as such it needs to be available at all times when I have inspiration or a thought comes to me regardless of whether I have service (on a plane, in the countryside). I personally donโ€™t use collaboration at all for this as it is inherently private.

Matthew_Dzieciu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes an offline mode would be most useful. I am often in remote places and need to check my entries. Wouldnโ€™t need to edit as much as read.

Nate_Biggs
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I travel often, so on planes, in places with no signal and worksites that donโ€™t offer wifi.

Mostly alone, but occasionally with collaborators.

At least reading and creating new records. Updating records would be perfect. Why not do that, make it so you canโ€™t change structure while offline?

If it means I get to work with Airtable offline, absolutely. Letโ€™s do it.

Tablet, then phone, then desktop.