Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Bryan_Smith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Airtable Offline would also be a big benefit in Legal. Weโ€™ve been testing the legal case analysis template but our attorneyโ€™s are scared to bring something into the courtroom that requires a connection due to possiblity of loosing connection in a courtroom.

Heather_Thomas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We travel in rural areas overseas and do not always have mobile access. My organization cannot use this product unless it works offline.

Matt_L
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Offline is crucial to our organization being able to use this - like google docs offline. Sync when it gets reconnected to the internet

Kevin_Leong
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there an offline feature for both the mobile and desktop app? If so how do you enable it? Everyone uses their computers but do not always have wifi. You have an app but there is no way to work offline. What is the point of an app if it does the exact same thing as the website

Amanda_Ng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable update please!! With regards to offline mode, why canโ€™t we have airtable work like excel? When a user opens the app and switches on offline mode (e.g., via toggle-like switch or button as another user had previously suggested), then the airtable sheet automatically becomes unavailable to be edited by other members who may want to be working on the same document at the same time. In excel, if a colleague of mine has the document open, then I am unable to make edits to that very same document. Instead, I enter a โ€œread-onlyโ€ mode, and must wait for my colleague to close the document before I am able to make changes to it. Would a similar logic be applicable to airtable documents??

Dawn_Attridge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Any news if this will happen anytime soon? Iโ€™d love to switch from trello.

Gail_Pepin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking to use Airtable for my class recordkeeping but we are frequently in rural areas with no internet access for sometimes weeks at a time, without this feature I donโ€™t think I can use Airtable for this purpose. Are there any plans for this yet?

Seth_Baker
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Plus 1 for offline mode. Maybe tables will load faster if theyโ€™re stored on the computer. Anything to make it load faster!!

Pascal_LEFEVRE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Today, the ONLY reason I am not moving to a paying base is because Airtable does not offer any offline modeโ€ฆ

Joshua_Soule
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Me too. I have many uses for it but without offline mode I cannot count on it the great outdoors, or in rural towns where I travel to. Offline mode is a necessity.