Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

FR: Offline mode

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Evan_Smith
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would show the last known table schema and data that was shown, but would allow to make records and sync when the mobile device comes back online. Issues would be resolved via the web to validate issues.

224 Comments
Leo_Flint

Sad to see no progression on this feature.

A key part of the spreadsheets Airtable is replacing is the ability to work regardless of whether im online or not. Most commonly ill be at a creative meeting at a random location and not have WiFi, in the past i would just update sheets accordingly and once online the changes would sync to everyone shared, with Airtable this simply does not exist.

Elidad_Zerach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes it is sad. Iโ€™m sure itโ€™s not the easiest thing but at the same time many other apps have figured out how to solve the sync issue. Evernote, Wunderlist, Hitask, and several other cloud based system has been able to pull this off. Even Clickup is giving an attempt to increase the offline usability in their launch of Clickup 2.0.

Aneil_Mallavara
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We have a team that needs to do a lot of travel. Being able to work on Airtable tickets while flying with poor or no connectivity or add todo notes on the go between meetings in low connectivity areas would be hugely useful.

This feature would enable a whole new set of use cases for us.

Jon_DuBois

Offline mode please please please!

Desiree_Kolman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for offline access

I travel a lot for work, at places where i donโ€™t have or cannot organise an internet connection.

I would upgrade my account instantly if offline mode was an option.

The best,
D

Brent_Field
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for Offline. Sync is a complicated issue, although one that many organizations have solved. Practically speaking, I work several hours a day while mobile, and internet is spotty to nonexistent. Our team canโ€™t move forward with airtables if its isnโ€™t usable for 20% of the my work day.

Kendall_Shortt
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

A specific situation where this would be an amazing feature.

My team is in the field everyday doing surveys and we use Airtable to track the contacts who have taken our surveys, how many projects are currently open and also gather an inventory of the products they have.

It would be nice to be able to make the product database offline so we can go into a big metal building with no internet connection and still add the inventory into the specific contactโ€™s record either in the app or via a form. In this situation, the inventory doesnโ€™t change when it would be offline, just adding another contact to that specific product would change, so saving a version of the database on my phone would be no issue.

It would also be nice to pull up images from Airtable for specific projects to show my contacts the new product idea I am trying to explain but without internet I am forced to save it and then find it in my images and have multiple duplicates.

Hope this helps make a better product for the future.

Leo_Flint

Is there any update on this? This query was opened in 2016.

A lack of ability to work offline is preventing my studio from fully committing to Airtable, its a fantastic product, but there are a variety of situations, most commonly someone being on a long haul flight or a brief concept meeting held somewhere without access to WiFi. The ability to work offline is invaluable, as others have suggested, a caveated offline mode where a user accepts that conflicts may require manual involvement to resolve would be completely acceptable.

Daniel_King1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for this, I learned a lot. Question: would it be possible to make Airtable readable offline? I mainly need this: the ability to access information within the databse when I did not have the foresight to know what I would need to look for.

Thanks!

Chris_Maric
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

A quick suggestion:

For me, even having a read-only version available offline would be a huge asset.

Thanks

Chris