Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Freeze header row in Interface List element

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon_Ball
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, I'd like to suggest that you freeze the header row in the Interface list element! I prefer to use the list over the grid because it's more visually appealing, but when you're scrolling through a long list it would be helpful to still see the header row like you can with the grid element.

18 Comments
eadkins73
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You know Smartsheets does this. I May have to migrate to them. 

eadkins73
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Smartsheets has this. Maybe I’ll migrate to them. 

AJL1222
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Shannon_Ball How exactly do you freeze the header row in the Interface list element? I'd appreciate knowing the steps. Thank you!

Shannon_Ball

@AJL1222 Unfortunately I still don't think there is a way to freeze the header row - this post is only a product idea, a suggestion to Airtable about an improvement they could make to the list element.

AJL1222
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Shannon_Ball Got it. I hope they are reading these suggestions and offer the ability to freeze the header row. Should be an easy fix!

David_Marks
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+100000. Have to imagine this is coming.  In list + grid views.

kavanarj
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

AirTable guys - whats going on here. Please provide this functionality. Presumably it goes without saying that it should also be available for freezing (i) columns; and (ii) multiple rows and columns.

gennaria
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

At a minimum the header should be able to freeze. Airtable lacks simple usability features like being able to resize headers vertically, wrap text in headers, conditionally color entire rows. This is BASIC stuff that Excel and Google Sheets have had for years. The lack of these basic tools makes Airtable very frustrating to use.