Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Gallery Feature Wishlist

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi! I’ve been using Galleries a lot recently to share information in our community - and while I love them, I’ve found myself wishing for a number of improvements/options:

1. Option to hide empty (unfilled) fields. Yes, I know that means that the fields wouldn’t necessarily line up across the cards, and I’m okay with that!
  2. Option to change card width. Sometimes a wider card would just look better.
  3. Option to wrap long text and multi-select options.
  4. Ability to choose additional fields to appear in the expanded view without having to show all fields.
  5. Option to hide the Customize cards, Filter, and Sort buttons at the top.
  6. Option to hide the Primary field. Often for me this is an autonumbered ID field that I don't want to share out.

I think some or all of this can be enabled with miniExtensions but it sure would be great if it could be done within Airtable! :pray:

6 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

The first four sound like great ideas to me but I highly doubt 5 would ever happen in the data view of a base. You can use a Gallery element in an Interface if you don’t want the toolbar that exists at the top of any and all View-types.

Anna
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh, I meant #5 for the Share View - not the Data View!

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

You can disable the header if you embed it on another site

Anna
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Popping back in with a few more gallery view requests:

7. Option to hide the Airtable branding (like with Forms).

8. Option to add an image header (like with Forms).

9. Option to hide the field titles.

And I'd like to give a huge round of applause for buttons - I've been using them like crazy in our gallery views and they are {{chef's kiss}}!

Anna
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've got another gallery view request:

10. Ability to group the cards by a field, similar to the "Group By" function in grid view.

I feel like these ideas may just be going into the void but I'm going to keep sharing them! 😁

rvr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Great suggestions. My first vote would be for #3 -- wrapping fields so that all items can show. Just truncating these is pretty bad for a lot of use cases.