Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Hide 'Uncategorised' column in Kanban view if no uncategorised records

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Hambleto
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It takes up room and looks bad!

78 Comments
James_Bond
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Still no hide functionality. Pathetic they can’t add such a simple and highly requested feature.

Jacob_White
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Absolute joke! Still no fix. Why can’t I just delete or completely hide it? So strange and unnecessary. Renders the Kansan view completely useless for my work.

Virginia_Richja
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

And at least allow uncategorized to go sidewise on IPad Pro. Not sure why we can’t get a response from developers. . .

Andrew_Layton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree with everything Jamie said.

The ability to filter and customize the Kanban view (including the columns themselves) seems like such a no-brainer. Would love to at least understand why this hasn’t been addressed in nearly five years.

Is it a technical challenge? A little hard to believe – if columns can be collapsed, surely they can be hidden.

Is there something in Kanban philosophy we’re all missing that says you must have the Uncategorized column and it must be to the left of everything?

David_Gerrard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Interestingly: Asana has the exact same problem. You can move sections around, but can’t hide them. Wonder if they’re all working from the same codebase :laughing:

Barton_Creeth
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This made me laugh so hard! I don’t mean to give anyone a hard time - but five years into a conversation about the inability to rename or delete the “uncategorized” column has produced some cracking banter.

Brent_Weaver
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for hiding uncategorized AND being able to hide columns/lists by filtering that status (or category). Is anyone at Airtable going to let us know if this is ever going to happen?

Ayoola_John-Muy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello??? When will you ship the hide stacks feature???. It’s been 5 years!!!

Lian
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Airtable guys and gals, please listen to your users, 5 years later its still not too late…

Alice_Linell
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Please Airtable team can you add the ability hide/filter out uncategorized. It’s such a crucial feature.