Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Holding back on large automations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Love the new automation feature.

Would love if it could be programmed to require approval before processing bulk automations, which often get triggered without meaning to.

For example, I have an automation that is triggered by a view that was filtered based on a single line text field. I changed the field type to that single-select, thereby wiping out the filter in the view, and triggering 493 unwanted automations. Grrrrrrr…

13 Comments
Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Cool. Thanks. I didn’t know about that form.

Yes. I guess I will have to do that. And also see how I can make my automations less brittle.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Yes, they do, and it’s largely because of the huge number of complaints they’ve had concerning runaway processes that are difficult to control in a polling architecture. To be clear, Zapier recipes cannot detect when events occur in Airtable because Airtable doesn’t actually support hooked events. Airtable is starting to get closer to this ability, but for now, Zapier has to poll for changes in Airtable every 60 seconds or so and then take action if the recipe calls for it.

This is a climate that can sometimes cause issues and having that additional injection of human intelligence is needed because their ability to invoice for activities is based on processing. If processing goes nutty, so do the bills.

It sounds like they have exactly what you’re looking for, so that’s great!

Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

yeah. got it. cool. thanks for your input! i imagine that i’m not the only one having this issue, and given that automations is so new, we may see some version of this feature in the future.