Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

I wish I could quickly merge two records selected on a grid view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celeste_Bancos
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

It would be really nice if I could select two (or more) records with the checkboxes on my grid view and have a Merge Records option on the context menu that shows up when I right-click.

Clicking Merge would take me right to the “Resolve duplicate records” window of the Dedupe block, skipping the part where I have to select which table, view and fields I want to use in order to find duplicates.

I want to be able to find duplicates on the fly and merge them as I happen to notice them, instead of it being a whole separate task that I do in batches because it’s too cumbersome to do for just a couple records.

3 Comments
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Couldn’t you just have DeDupe set up to look for records with a Checkbox field checked? Sure you’d be adding one more field to your base, but it allows you to configure the app once and identify duplicates yourself on the fly

Celeste_Bancos
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

That is a good work-around to keep in mind if I ever have a particular table or view where I frequently wanted to do a one-off dedupe.

The convenience of adding a merge option to the context menu when multiple records are selected is that it would work for all tables without having to add an extra field, the checkbox to select a record is always visible vs. a special field that I might want to hide to remove clutter, and I don’t have to remember to uncheck my checkboxes afterward since if I click away from a selected record it will automatically de-select.

On the topic of Dedupe App improvements, I wish there was a back button on the Resolve Duplicate Records window for when I too-hastily skip a set of records but then change my mind and want to go back to take a closer look at them without having to start the whole dedupe process over again (in situations where I have been skipping a bunch of records that aren’t actually duplicates in order to get to a handful of records that actually are duplicates).

dnljl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'd love to get this in as a request... It'd be so much easier if I could select 2 records, right click and merge them... even if it just then opens those particular records in dedupe