Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Increase Width of Automations List Panel in Automations Window

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Screen Shot 2024-02-10 at 9.03.54 PM.png

It would be helpful to be able to increase the right-hand width of the Automation List Panel Window. I am currently using a Mac laptop and a Chrome Browser and this is as far as I can move the right-hand panel boundary to the right.

The inability to increase the Automation List Panel window interfers with my ability to view a complete list of all the Automation Names & Descriptions at one time and makes organizing and using my automations much more complicated and time consuming than it should be.

Instead of just looking down a complete list of my automations with their whole names visible, I have to tap on the individual automation so the complete name appears in the middle Automations Build Panel.

I have the option to turn off the Automation List panel while I am working on the Automation Build (which is nice, but frankly unnecessary most of the time).

It is, however, necessary for me to see my complete list of automations for each base. This helps me better gauge which automations may no longer be needed, and how often an automation runs. The ability to look at my Automation List at one time completely helps me build more efficient workflows.

It would also be nice to have a total list of automations created summary line at top, and how many total automations my base as left as part of its plan.

Thank you for your consideration.
3 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It would be very nice if Airtable allowed us to expand that left sidebar further than they allow us to currently expand it.

In the meantime, have you tried increasing your Mac's display resolution in Apple Menu > System Settings > Displays?

That will buy you some extra space. 

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you're desperate, you could use Tampermonkey / Greasemonkey to handle this for you too.  I've got a one liner that just removes the truncation so my automations look like this:

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 12.39.33 PM.png

Here's the script:

// ==UserScript==
// @name         Airtable - Remove truncate of automation list
// @author       Adam - The Time Saving Company
// @match        https://airtable.com/*
// @grant        GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle('[aria-label="Automations Region"] .truncate { overflow: visible !important; white-space:normal !important; }');

Works fine for me, but leme know if you hit any weirdness and I can take a look at it for you

MettaSong
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Great ideas @ScottWorld  & @TheTimeSavingCo ! I'll try those out!