Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Individual Pricing Tier

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evangrubis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I love using Airtable for work, but find that there are many personal applications as well. Instead of paying $20 a month for a "Team" plan for just myself, which is excessive, I wish there was an "Individual" plan. It would have similar limitations to the free tier, but unlock:

• 10,000 records per base
  • 2 gb attachment space per base
  • 3 month revision history
  • Expanded color and formatting
  • 1,000 automations per month

This would all cost around $5 USD a month

How does is solve the user problems?

This allows for expanded functionality of Airtable for personal use, capturing a new market segment, while not offering too many features to eat into the sales of "Team" subscriptions. It would help personal organization with more colors, more automations, and more safety from accidental deletions without being excessive like the Team plan

How was this validated?

This idea has not been validated further than my own use cases and desires. It seems like a reasonable missing pricing tier though that could be a win-win, giving users more functionality while also not adding too much overhead in terms of cost for Airtable

Who is the target audience?

Individual, personal users

2 Comments
Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I can guarantee that AT will not release a plan for $5 a month, it is just not a viable finance model.  $20 a month for the features that AT offer is superb value, just look at the competition and you won't find anything close.

If $20 a month is too much then I suggest that you don't need most of the AT features and would be better off with an open source database product that you can customise yourself.

MartyS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I completely agree with this idea.  I am an individual user that does not need all the items in the TEAM structure.  But I do want colors and extensions.  These are two very useful items and it is a shame that Airtable is taking the “Cable Company” approach of making a consumer pay for much more than they need!

An ale-cart option for individual users would  be ideal and Airtable would make more money.