Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface Builder :: New Button Action to Open Interface Forms

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rascode
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm a HUGE fan of interface builder and it's becoming more of a replacement for my day-to-day interactions with my Airtable bases. 

One feature that I would like to see added to the Button options is "Open Interface Form".  Below is a screenshot of the current list of options that I would like to see extended.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.27.37 PM.png

Because Interface forms offer a much tighter integration with Interface builder (not to mention increased usability and elevated design) it would be nice to have the option to create new records via Interface Builder forms without having to add a record picker and then selecting the option to create new item (as seen in image below)

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 2.35.38 PM.png

If this feature is already in the pipeline, thank you! If not, I hope to garner enough support from the community to get this feature on the roadmap.  

Thanks for lending me your ear and I welcome any feedback / questions.

Justin

4 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can already accomplish that by using a button to go to the external URL of the form. 

Rascode

What i'm proposing is the same type of UX that is offered when I select the option to create a new record from a record picker.

Creating new records from the record picker presents the form, allows me to create my new record and then disappears when I'm finished.  With this workflow, I don't have to leave the interface page at all to quickly add new records.  This is more of a workflow / UX enhancement that I'm looking for with the built in interface button that will replicate what's already available through the record picker.

If what i'm describing is already available, I'd love to see an example.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ah, I see. That would be cool.

Rascode

I'll update my request to be more clear about what I'm looking for.  Thanks for the feedback.