Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface Date Settings - More Options for Initial View

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

For calendars, timelines, etc. on the interface editor, we currently have three options to configure the initial view:

1. Closest job to today
  2. Today
  3. Exact date

My problem is that the only dynamic settings (1 and 2) put the focus of the timeline/calendar in the future.  For example, in a 2-week calendar view, focusing on "Today" aligns the current week to the top row, and next week to the bottom row.  This is great for forward-facing projects, but I need the calendar to show this week and last week.  

The only solution is to use option 3 (Exact date) and do update the hard-coded date at the beginning of each week.  I have an alarm scheduled to remind me to do this for all of my dashboards each Monday morning... not ideal.

I propose a few more options/settings for the initial view in these interface elements.  The simplest would be the ability to modify one of the existing dynamic dates--for example "[One week after] the closest job to today"