Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface graph sorting options

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blake_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Choosing a field to sort graphs other than the name of the field you are trying to show.

How does is solve the user problems?

It allows the user to sort and rearrange their interface graphs to represent the order wanted instead of alphabetical/numerical order ascending/descending. 

How was this validated?

Any time I am trying to sort by months of the year. Needing to add numbers in the front of each month to keep the order. 

Who is the target audience?

Any creator trying to create a dashboard.

3 Comments
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can have an arbitrary sort order by using a single select field, and this is applicable to a formula field outputting its results as options as well I believe

Blake_D
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@TheTimeSavingCo I have used that route before and it works great. I was thinking more so if I have a table with lets say names of 20 different companies as the primary field. I would like to just make different "(blank) Graph Order" fields, so I am able to just enter the desired order and use that as my sorting field for that graph. That way when I have a client that wants to arrange a graphs visuals different ways, but are not comfortable changing things in the base, they can navigate to an "Admin" interface page to set the order for each different graph as needed. 

I envision it being much like the sort function in the base where you can choose any field to sort by but as a dashboard graph appearance option or something close to that. 

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Ah, I see!  Yeah, them doing this via a separate field instead of modiying the select field would be nice

Hmm...as a horribly overengineered solution, you could try creating an automation that'll run on a button click via the Interface page after they've set the order, and that automation would run a script that'll order the select options and run an updateOptionsAsync heh