Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface page template conditional on record field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alyssa_Hitchcoc
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm using interfaces to surface training records for search and rescue dogs. Each discipline (human remains detection, live find, tracking/trailing) has different fields associated with it. I currently am working around this constraint by having multiple interface pages filtering by discipline so that I can have page templates for each discipline.

I would love the ability to choose which page template a record opens in based on a condition of the record, so that I can have one page for all records. I think this would be valuable for other use cases as well! 

1 Comment
Pascal_Gallais-
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Hello Alyssa,

If understand correctly your need, there is a way to do that. Let us consider the following table:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1724341516095.png

In my interface, I have one page corresponding to case A and another for case B.

I then add the following formula in my table:

Pascal_Gallais_1-1724342080683.png

Where URLs are the ones of published pages A or B.

Next you can add a button, use an Icon as label and call the "Page URL" field:

Pascal_Gallais_2-1724342208957.png

Finally, if you add this field in your interface, each record will open the correct page when clicking on the icon:

Pascal_Gallais_3-1724342301240.png

Note that I used 2 fields to make it clearer, but you could have only the button field and copy the switch formula there.

Regards,

Pascal