Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interface - sections and conditional visibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_LGKR
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Our interfaces are growing ever more complex, longer and more difficult to handle.

Two things that would make life much easier:

Being able to create sections (visual containers) that can be collappsed and unfolded.

Conditional visibility of these sections and individual fields (like in forms)

How does is solve the user problems?

This would help us to only show the fields and sections needed for specific cases or situations based on conditions that we can define, similar to conditional fields in forms.

14 Comments
David_Needham1
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I couldn't agree more. The features suggested in this request would make it possible to build more complex interfaces without complicating the UI for people interacting with the interface.

Operations_ACM

Completely agree. The more features that are being rolled out for interfaces every month this feels like a natural necessary progression which I hope is on their roadmap and a surprise feature asap😢🤞

lernermd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Need this!  I have different fields I want visible based on a condition.  If I could just show a different grid in each case that could solve my problem.

filipradkiewicz

Yes for the conditional visibility feature! Currently, we use a couple of interfaces to present different UI versions, but there are some limitations, e.g. people that have access to other "versions" of the "core" interface are not being notified if you leave a comment from this "core" interface. 

ajdahler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We need this too! 

Anthony_Gualand
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Anyone here figure out a workaround while Airtable figures out that they should do this?

jonas_det
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

nachumi_e
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

DianaMk

+1 please!