Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Interfaces: Other Elements to act as Record Picker

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Other elements, such as Calendar, Timeline, Gallery and Kanban to act as Record Pickers, allowing for records to be clicked within the element, and their subsequent fields to be looked-up and displayed within the interface.

Think of the way a Record Picker element behaves, and now apply that behaviour to the other Elements. When you think about a Calendar, it's showing records just like the record picker is showing records, just in a different visual format.

Further to these mentioned elements, this same Record Pick behaviour should also be added to Linked Fields and Lookup Fields.

How does is solve the user problems?

The Record Picker is a very powerful element - but I feel it shouldn't have a monopoly over its specific functionality, and that the other elements such as Calendar etc would all benefit vastly from having this same ability.

Who is the target audience?

Anyone building and using Interfaces, where multiple tables are in play, typically at 3 levels deep - for example, Project -> (Task Dictionary) -> Task.

2 Comments
Christopher_Bre
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be nice if the primary field is a date field that you could use a calendar pop up to pick the record.

zuraiman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also trying to have a date record picker to filter all the specific dates on a particular grid view, but sadly to no avail. Since the record picker choose the primary key of the table as the selection, therefore can I use the DATETIME_FORMAT function to reformat the date-type field into a string to be used in the primary key field of the table for this scenario?